Terms and Conditions
Bentley’s Garden Buildings Limited. Telephone 0116 267 5117
Customers are advised to read these terms and conditions carefully before signing. Orders can only be accepted by completing and signing the order form.
1. We guarantee the products and services specified on the order form overleaf for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery.
2. We cannot be held responsible for damage arising from Acts of God (e.g. flood, earthquakes etc.), terrorism or acts of war.
3. At the time of placing your order, we shall advise you of the guarantee supplied by the manufacturer of the product, building or structure.
4. Guarantee Exclusions: shrinkage, splitting, cracking or swelling of timber due to the prevailing conditions.
5. Following delivery to the site insurance of buildings and materials against loss or damage (excluding manufacturing defects) is the responsibility of the customer.
6. We do not accept any liability for costs incurred as a result of incorrect positioning of a building or structure.
7. By signing this form, you agree to our payment terms, which are: a minimum of 50% at the time of order with the balance on completion unless you have opted for 0% finance, in which case other payment terms may apply as per the finance Terms & Conditions.
8. Where it is impossible for us to complete all the individual elements of the schedule, due to the factors beyond our control, then the completed elements of the schedule must be paid for in full.
9. Delays caused by the customer resulting in us being unable to complete the schedule of work cannot be used as a reason for withholding payment for any element of the schedule completed by us. In these circumstances we reserve the right to request a pro-rata stage payment.
10. If payment is not made on the due date, we shall be entitled to charge interest on the outstanding amount (both before and after any judgment) at the rate of 4% above the prevailing base rate of HSBC Bank Plc.
11. Retention of title: Ownership of the goods which are the subject to this contract, shall not pass to the customer until payment is made in full.
12. The specifications of our products are correct at the time of publication but are subject to alteration or withdrawal at any time without notice.
13. Cancellation: An order for a building or services can be cancelled at any time up to commencement of the work. Cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee of £50 + VAT. Once manufacturing of the building or installation of services has commenced, you will remain liable for the full balance.
14. It is our policy to seek constant improvements of the design and quality of our products.
15. We reserve the right to amend or alter the specification of your building at our discretion, when such changes may be deemed desirable or necessary.
16. All base work is subject to Notes 1 to 5 on our slabbed base prices sheet. All removals are subject to note 6 on our slabbed base prices sheet.
17. Your building cannot be erected on an unsuitable base. If you are uncertain about the suitability of your base, then we are happy to visit. We offer a base laying service.
18. In order for our delivery/installation team to carry out an efficient service we will require:
18.1. Sufficient parking space/Permit for a large Transit type vehicle for the duration of the delivery/installation (approximately 1-4 hours’
dependent on the type and size of building you have ordered).
18.2. There should be clear access with no restrictions below the height of a standard doorway 6’6″ or awkward bends which would restrict access to your pre-prepared base. Please note it is not the responsibility of the installation/ delivery team to complete any base work or carry out any clearance work.
18.3. We require that our staff comply with Health and Safety Law and best practice. This means that we do not ask our staff to perform tasks,
(such as lift building panels over walls or fences) which could result in injury either to themselves or to members of the public.
18.4. Please note if we are not informed of any access restrictions to your pre-prepared base, then your building will be left at kerbside for self-assembly.
19. If we are unable to deliver and erect the building due to access or base problems at the customer’s property, we shall be entitled to charge the customer a minimum £50 + VAT for buildings up to £500. For buildings with a value over £500 we shall charge 10% of the building cost for returning to erect the building to a maximum of £300+VAT.
20. This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales. All disputes arising out of this contract shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
21. The specifications of our products are correct at the time of publication but are subject to alteration or withdrawal at any time without notice.
22. Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions.